Emily Perkins - Fashion Stylist

Emily Perkins - Fashion Stylist

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DIY for Halloween, It's what GaGa would do!

So this year for Halloween I wanted to go as Lady GaGa, as did just about every other girl in the world.... I knew that when I would be going out that there would more-than-likely be other "GaGa's" walking around too and I decided that it was my duty to "Out-GaGa" them all! I've never liked to blend in or look like everyone else especially on Halloween, the one night of the year when you can be whoever you want to be, if only for a few hours! Anyway, I'm a broke college student so I had to "Out-GaGa" these girls (and guys) on a budget! I was looking online at all of the GaGa costumes and, being the bargain shopper that I am,  I just couldn't quite understand how someone could spend $50 on a costume ( that about a million other people would have) and then drop another $20 on a wig, then a good $30 on the other necessary accessories! When it all said and done these people are spending $100+ before they even step foot into a bar on Halloween, just so they can walk into that bar and see at least 3 or 4 other people in the EXACT same outfit! Now don't get me wrong the costumes that were being sold on GaGa's website were fab! They looked legit! But I'm not one to spend a whole bunch of money, AND have a look-a-like confusing my friends all night! So, after all my research, I headed out to Michael's! My best friend, Josh, decided that if I was going as GaGa that he'd have to go as my "Disco Stick" so I decided to mold my costume after the one she wore on the subway in her Love Game video! I took a plain, black, bra, that I already had in my closet and bedazzled it, just like GaGa used to before The Hause of GaGa was around! It cost me about $20 to get the rhinestones and sequins I needed to cover the bra and $20 for the Blonde Wig. Once I got some Fishnets for a whopping $5 my outfit was compete! I paired my bedazzled bra, wig, and fishnets with a leather jacket that I already owned and a par of plain, black, boy shorts and TADA! I was GaGa and I was one-of-a-kind! When I went out that night I felt Fabulous, like I was channeling GaGa, herself! People wanted to stop and take pics with me and I got countless complements and I did it all for a fraction of the cost of a pre-made costume! My Grand Total was about $45 and I had a blast! But this story can be put to use with any costume idea! Just remember to use what you already have, be creative, research, and bargain hunt! There's never a good excuse for looking exactly the same as someone else, even on Halloween!

Pre-Made GaGa Costumes
Courtesy of LadyGaGa.Shop.Com

My Inspiration Photo 
Courtesy of Ladygaga.thedailyblog.net

My Costume 








No comments:

Post a Comment