Emily Perkins - Fashion Stylist

Emily Perkins - Fashion Stylist

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The 2011 Oscars: A summary of my absolute FAVORITE red carpet looks & some that I'd prefer to NEVER see again!

Hollywood's hottest ladies sure had it going on at this year's Academy Awards! This surely is the awards show of the year and these beautiful starlets sure came dressed for the occasion! These looks are the one's my fashion-savvy friends and I simultaneously oohed and awed and drooled over during E's Red carpet coverage and I can't wait to share them with all of you Fashion Addicts! 

Gwen Had to be one of my overall favorite red carpet looks of the evening! This Metallic Calvin Klein Collection gown is so sleek and modern! My favorite part is the unique neckline! Her hair and makeup were perfectly styled and paired with this modern and contemporary look. 

I personally think that Cate Blanchett takes the cake for the title of best dressed at this years Oscars!  She looks absolutely gorgeous in this pale purple Givenchy gown! I personally think that Cate is one of the most stunning women in hollywood and this look made her appear even more unbelievably gorgeous! 

Academy Award Winner, Natalie Portman looked absolutely flawless in this plum Rodarte gown! The Best Actress winner nabbed one of the most prestigious awards in Hollywood and glowed while she gave her acceptance speech! Could that be the Rodatre gown or the pregnancy? I'm not sure, but one thing I know for sure is that this gown was the perfect choice for a very prestigious and very pregnant Natalie Portman! 

Lady in Red never looked so good! Last year's Best Actress winner, Sandra Bullock could have stopped traffic in this form-fitting Vera Wang gown! Sandra, whose natural beauty on any given day is jaw-dropping, made my heart skip a beat when she appeared on this year's red carpet! That just goes to show that you can never go wrong with Vera Wang, especially on one of Hollywood's red-hot leading ladies! 

These four looks were my absolute favorite of the night. Each very different from one another just like the lovely ladies who wore them! As for the night's worst looks - Nicole Kidman's Christian Dior dress looked like an overly embellished shower curtain - Scarlett Johansson's lacy raspberry-colored Dolce & Gabanna gown left little to the imagination. It was very see through and a very inappropriate selection for the industry's most prestigious night. Sorry Ladies, maybe next year! 

Scarlett Johansson 

Nicole Kidman 








No comments:

Post a Comment